Skip to main content

Cat World

I have always been a huge fan of cats.  Yes, I have been called Crazy Cat Lady more times than I can count.  I never really understood that term, to be honest.  In fact, I can't understand why anyone wouldn't want to have a bunch of cats around.  Cats are magnificent creatures.  They are smart and have unique personalities and needless to say, cats don't lack attitude.  They don't just follow you around and do whatever you would like them to do and I find that's what makes them desirable pets for me.  One must respect a cat to earn their affection.

I have had two cats for many years.  Let's face it, pets are a lot of work and I always felt two furry friends provided me with great companionship and also plenty of work.  It wasn't until about two years ago that a third kitty found her way into my life.  She literally showed up outside in the freezing cold on Christmas Eve Day.  It was about 12 degrees outside and I had a terrible feeling she wouldn't make it if I didn't save her - so I did.  And then I had three cats.

Almost one year after cat #3 arrived, another tiny homeless kitten appeared.  Outside in the cold and only a few weeks old, she had to be saved and since she was just too sweet to put up for adoption, I kept her.

And then there were four.

So, this is my family:  Kitty (yes, I actually named her "Kitty"), Bella (A.K.A. "Little Munch"), Gidget, Molly and my husband, Adrian (A.K.A. "Mister").

Kitty (the oldest)

Little Munch (the baby)

Gidget (the second to oldest)

Molly (the second to youngest)

Mister

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hey! Curious where I've been for the last 7+ years?

Oh my poor lonely blog, without a blogger to care for it....shame on me!  This is a typical Gemini, or A.D.H.D. behavior rather, that I often exhibit.  It's called toobusytocareism .  It's true!  I have just been too busy to pay any attention to...ME.  I love to write, but I also love all of the life events that I've endured over the past SEVEN YEARS if I'm doing my math correctly. I began this blog ages ago - when I was recently married and not yet a Mama.  I was still quite busy with work, lots of cats and my Mister, who we'll keep anonymous - at least for now.  We were living in that gorgeous Queen Anne style Victorian in Amenia, New York, when I had started my beloved blog.  Well, it lasted less than one full month - the blog that is - not the house, relationship, etc.!  The marriage is still going strong (at least most days) and the house to the best of my knowledge still stands as well, but we don't live in it, which brings me to my first big change (a

Bed Blogging

Home sick with what I think may be the flu.  I may have gotten it from my boss who is such a workaholic that he refuses to ever stay away from the office.  Anyway, I believe I've been infected and no, I never got a flu shot (though I read yesterday that 4 out of every 10 Americans who did receive a flu shot are still getting certain strains of the flu). I thought about posting a picture of myself lying in bed looking sick and disgusting, like I do, but I thought I would save you all from the image, but I found these other pics of other sick people, so let's use those - for effect: I feel a real connection with this particular individual...I think it's the hoodie. So now that I'm sick, I'm looking for some activities to keep me busy, which is difficult seeing as I'm too weak to get out of bed.  I've tried to get some work done despite my condition, but when we get sick, our brains get a little foggy.  On top of already feeling not to with i

Why Dollhouse Diaries?

Why is my blog titled Dollhouse Diaries? Though I presently work full-time in the real estate industry, my full-time job about six years ago was in the dollhouse miniatures business.  Over ten years ago, I started working for a dollhouse shop in Greenwich, CT.  I was already a big dollhouse/miniature enthusiast and it just so happened that a job opportunity came up at this adorable retail shop and I happened to be perfect for this job.  The job required someone who is great with people (me), had a lot of experience in the retail business (me), thoroughly understood the meaning of 'customer service' (me again) and who had the creativity and artistic ability to help create wonderful miniature displays and even build some of the custom 1:12 scale dollhouses for both new and old customers of the store (this is SO me).  Anyway, I left my very boring job I had at the time for my new dream job and it was wonderful.  Finally, I had a job where I absolutely adored what I was doing and